Sat 25 June – Ladies Day & Mid-Summer Social Evening
Sun 26 June- Junior Helm (Under 21s at the wheel)
This weekend is a very important weekend in the club calendar- Saturday is Ladies’ Day!
The male members of LSYC will have to be on their best behaviour this weekend and I know you shall not let me down. I know I can count on you to make our lady guests welcome. A few pointers though:
· No feet up on the picnic tables.
· Courtesy flushes when using the toilets.
· No barging at the bar.
· Generally, no loitering and staring
There will be 2 main prizes awarded: Ladies’ Helm and All Ladies Crew. The Race Organising Committee will not tolerate any infringements by male crew. Neither will concessions be given to men dressed up as ladies.
A number of other spot prizes will be announced.
The programme for the day is as follows:
· Boats to leave marina at 1pm.
· Race to start at Kinnegar buoy [Ferry now in passage past Spit]
· All boats will compete in the same fleet, racing under club class handicaps.
· Reception & prizegiving at the club house at 5pm.
This year, and in place of the MidSummer BBQ, Café BeCalmed will be putting on a range of nibbles, tasters and platters for the occasion. We will also be joined by the very popular Noella Hutton who will provide us with great songs and vocals for the evening.
I think this has the makings for a really enjoyable day and hope to see as many boats and ladies out on the water as possible.
Also, please don’t forget the Junoir Helm race on Sunday! ID required!!
Paul J Hasson
Ps please forward this message to anyone unintenionally left off.