Folks, A reminder to join us on the evening of Thursday 10th February for Garry’s presentation on his solo Atlantic crossing. Free entry although donations accepted for Foyle Sailability. Start time tbc. Clubhouse and bar will be open from 6.45pm One not to be missed….
All, We rounded our sailing year off in true style this weekend. At what has now become our end of season event, the Christmas CROCS races, we had organised the presentation of the proceeds of our Annual Dinner Dance RNLI raffle. The race was run in lively conditions on Saturday with a fantastic turnout of boats for this time of year, all of whom contributed to the atmosphere. After racing we had a visit by John McCarter and a few of the crew of the lifeboat (Eunan and George). John praised the generosity of the club, its members and their friends in such difficult times. It is astounding that in the times such as they are with a global pandemic that the members of the club were able to dig deep and contribute quite a sum of money for this great cause. John provided a few of the figures that relate to the funding requirements of the RNLI as a whole. The figure of €160million is a sizable amount of money that they require to keep the boats afloat. That €160m is all charitable contributions raised and donated by members of the public for a service we hope never to have to use but are thankful that they are there when required. Again thanks go to the organising team who brought such an idea to life. Thanks again to all of those who participated on and off the water to make this a memorable year. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a peaceful New Year. We will see you again in 2022!
All, We have arranged to present cheque for €5200 ( proceeds from Dinner Dance raffle) to the RNLI on this Sat after the race, approx 12:30 or so Presentation will be at Clubhouse and John McCarter will be coming. Everyone is welcome to attend for a photo.
All, With the weather outlook for the next 24hours looking pretty terrible I am going to cancel the race tomorrow. The forecast for Sunday looks like it will allow racing to proceed, although maybe the wind will drop to the other end of the scale!
Unless otherwise stated racing is cancelled tomorrow Sat 27th Nov.
We will still proceed with Sunday racing as scheduled.